The Alumni Spirituality Committee, under the guidance of Alumni Chaplain Tony Azzarto, S.J., organizes lectures, Masses, retreats, discussions and other events throughout the year, all with the goal of helping to maintain Ignatian spirituality and reflection as an important part of life after Grand & Warren.
Below is a list of upcoming Spirituality Committee events:
- Sunday, October 29, 2017: Mass of Remembrance at Saint Peter's Prep (11 a.m.)
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017: Theology on Tap at Saint Peter's Prep (6:30 p.m.) Led by John Sexton, retired President of NYU; Author: Baseball as a Road to God
- Thursday, December 7, 2017: Theology on Tap at the Shore! Led by Carl DeLorenzo, '67 on "The Great War and its Influence on the 20th Century" at the Church of the Precious Blood (72 Riverdale Ave, Monmouth Beach, NJ at 6:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, January 11, 2018: Theology on Tap led by Fr. Alex Santora, '70 at the Bistro at Grove Square (116 Newark Ave, Jersey City, NJ at 6:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, February 21 & February 28, 2018: Ebony Club Reunion at Saint Peter's Prep with discussions led by Kellen Williams, '00 and Markis Abraham, '97 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 4: Asian-American Alumni Reunion at Saint Peter's Prep. Mass at 4 p.m. followed by some volleyball action in the Memorial Gymnasium.
- Tuesday, April 10: Theology on Tap at Saint Peter's Prep (6:30 p.m.) led by Dr. Gary Cardiello, '73, Dr. Peter Cardiello, '78, and Dr. Joe Popovich, '79.
- Sunday, April 22: Family Mass honoring grandparents at Saint Peter's Prep at 11 a.m.
Prep on the Road: Every month, Fr. Azzarto, S.J. will celebrate Mass at the home of a Prep family.
- September 16 - Madison, NJ (Hosted by the Collier Family, P'16, '18, '21 at 48 Longview Ave.)
- October 7 - Bayonne, NJ (Hosted by the Weeks Family, P'19 at 937 Ave. C)
- November 4 - Cranford, NJ (Hosted by the Curran Family, '88, P'18 at 514 Lexington Ave.)
- November 18 - Maplewood, NJ (Hosted by the Rowe Family, P'18 at 425 Ridgewood Road)
- December 9 - Westfield, NJ (Hosted by the Hoens Family, P'17 at 434 Tremont Ave.)
- January 25 - NYC (Hosted by our Prep Family at Xavier High School - 30W 16th St, NY)
- Janurary 27 - Teaneck, NJ (Hosted by the Nations Family, P'19 at 1000 Warren Pkwy.)
- February 3 - Fanwood, NJ (Hosted by the Christman Family, '90, P'19, '20 at 146 North Ave.)
- February 24 - Scotch Plains, NJ (Hosted by the McMahon Family, P'11, '20 at 420 Ridgeview Ave.)
- March 3 - Summit, NJ (Hosted by the White Family, P'18 at 32 Colt Road)
- March 10 - Verona, NJ (Hosted by the Bovich Family, P'09, '11, '15 at 86 Afterglow Ave.)
- April 7- Maplewood, NJ (Hosted by the Byram Family, P'07, '09, '13 at 46 Hickory Drive)
- April 21 - Secaucus, NJ (Hosted by the Woltmann Family, P'18 at 662 Chestnut Pl.)
- June 2 - Weehawken, NJ (Hosted by the Aquila Family, '75, P'06, '11 at 434 Gregory Ave.)
- June 30 - Sea Girt, NJ (Hosted by the McLaughlin Family, '58 at 111 Neptune Place)